- Contains high level of calcium - Helps balance calcium to phosphorus ratio.
- Contains sources of omega-3 fatty acids - To help enrich diets of insect-eating animals.
- May improve vitamin A status of animals consuming feeder insects gut-loaded with Mazuri® Better Bug® Gut Loading Diet.*
- Palatable - Readily eaten by crickets.
Product Form: Meal
Crude protein not less than 15.0%
Crude fat not less than 9.0%
Crude fiber not more than 12.0%
Moisture not more than 20.0%
Ash not more than 8.0%
Calcium not less than 9.0%
Calcium not more than 0.60%
Phosphorus not less than 0.60%
Sodium not more than 0.60%
Vitamin A not less than 4.0%
Omega 3 fatty acids not less than 100 ppm
Carotene not less than 30.0%
Calcium Carbonate, Fish Meal, Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Fish Oil preserved with tocopherols, Spirulina, Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Porcine Meat and Bone Meal, Salt, Brewers Dried Yeast, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Oxide, Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Vitamin C), Rosemary Extract, Calcium Pantothenate, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Folic Acid, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Nicotinic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Zinc Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), DL-Methionine, Manganous Oxide, Ferrous Carbonate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.
Feed to crickets or other feeder insects for 24-72 hours before offering to your reptile. No additional supplementation of insects is needed. The use of Better Bug® Gut Loading Diet will enhance the total body nutrients of the feeder insect, resulting in optimized nutrition being delivered to your reptile. Fresh water should be available to insects at all times
- Odum, R.A., Bekker, K., Turski, P., Chastain, J., Paramuk, J., Pessier, A.P., Berlinski, R., Hanley, C., Hornyak, V., Herman, T., Mendelson, J.R. - Hypovitaminosis A: Are captive-bred insect prey deficient in usable vitamin A for Anaxyrus (Anura-Bufonidae)
- Gut loading diets of produce or fortified with fish oil and spirulina, as in Mazuri® Better Bug® Gut Loading Diet, fed to crickets produced significantly higher levels of vitamin A in the livers of the studied toads, while the control animals fed crickets gut-loaded with the commonly used high calcium diet had minimal, and in some case undetectable, levels of vitamin A.
- The cricket colonies maintained on the Produce diet had a tendency to become infested with fruit flies and required additional cleaning and maintenance.
For best results, after removal of desired dosage ensure polybag seal is fully closed, tightly affix lid on canister or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of printed lot code.
Mazuri Better Bug Gut Loading Diet insect food is designed to create gut loaded crickets. This cricket diet contains high levels of calcium, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin A to enrich the diets of insect-eating reptiles, birds and mammals as part of a complete insectivore diet. This bug food is not intended for use in breeding or raising insects.
Best Fed To: Mazuri Better Bug Gut Loading food is best for gut loading crickets for insectivorous reptiles such as Anoles, Basilisks, Bearded Dragons, Chameleons, Geckos and Water Dragons
Product Weight: Available by the kg
Please contact us with any questions you have about the products we offer. Also, be sure to follow Exotic on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest news and special product features.
Mazuri Better Bug Gut Loading Diet 1kg 5B45
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 1815514-717
- Formula Number: 5B45
- Availability: In Stock