- Specially formulated with balanced nutrition - Can be used as the sole diet for breeding birds.
- Nutritionally Complete - Requires no mixing or supplementation.
- Extruded form - Prevents sorting of ingredients and helps reduce the risk of nutrient deficiencies.
- Better than pellets - fewer fines and increased digestibility.
- Better than seeds - Less waste (20-50% of seed weight is hulled).
- Reduced diet preparation - Less time chopping fruit and veggies.
- Formulation allows for supplementation with species appropriate food items - Can include up to 20% (by weight) of diet as produce, seeds, etc. to encourage natural feeding behaviors and for training and enrichment.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Natural sources of pigments and antioxidants.
Product Form: Extruded particles: 5/16" round particle
|Crude protein not less than|
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
This diet should be fed to prepare the birds for breeding and throughout the breeding season. If the birds are seasonal breeders or they are managed to be seasonal breeders, offer the Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet at the start of the breeding season. If the birds are bred all year, feed this diet continuously. Wean young birds on this diet and continue feeding until the first molt. After the first molt, switch birds to Mazuri Parrot Maintenance Diet (56A8).
- To switch birds from seeds (or any diet they are currently being fed) to Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet, do a gradual changeover, starting with 90% seed (or current diet) and 10% Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet. On each succeeding day, reduce the number of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet.
- Monitor the birds weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be specially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% seed and 50% Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet, the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
Average Feed Weights available on the product sheet.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with the sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, corn gluten meal, soybean oil, wheat middlings, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, wheat germ, brewers dried yeast, calcium propionate (a preservative), dried egg product, salt, dl-methionine, l-lysine, mixed tocopherols (a natural preservative; ascorbic acid, citric acid, rosemary extract, lecithin), choline chloride, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), manganous oxide, beta-carotene, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), zinc oxide, niacin, ferrous carbonate, vitamin B12 supplement, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, canthaxanthin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamin mononitrate, zinc sulfate, folic acid, vitamin A acetate, calcium iodate, marigold extract, biotin, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet is a complete bird food for large psittacines specially formulated for breeding birds and for birds raising young. This nutritionally complete parrot food, formulated in round particles, can be used as the primary diet for breeding birds.
Product Size: 25 lb net weight paper sack
Mazuri Parrot Breeder 56A9
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 0001455
- Formula Number: 56A9
- Availability: In Stock
- 40 or more $33.29
Tags: Mazuri Parrot Breeder Food, Mazuri Parrot Breeder Feed, Mazuri Parrot Breeder Diet, Mazuri Parrot Breeder Pellets, Parrot Breeder Food, Parrot Breeder Feed, Parrot Breeder Diet, Parrot Breeder Pellets, Birds