- Designed to be fed with supplementation -allows for natural feeding behaviors by the addition of species-appropriate food items.
- Meets NRC recommendations for all nutrients - Except protein, sodium and chloride when fed at 50% of the diet.
- Contains DentaGuard - May reduces the occurrence of dental calculi.
- No added wheat product - May be appropriate for animals with wheat sensitivity.
- Natural source vitamin E and stabilized vitamin C - More bioavailable forms of these nutrients.
- Contains flaxseed - Source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains taurine.
|Crude protein not less than|
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Ground corn, ground soybean hulls, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats, corn gluten meal, corn gluten feed, sucrose, fructose, calcium carbonate, dried beet pulp, dehydrated alfalfa meal, soybean oil, flaxseed, sodium hexametaphosphate (DentaGuard), dried apple pomace, brewers dried yeast, dicalcium phosphate, natural orange oil, taurine, salt, choline chloride, dl-methionine, zinc proteinate, l-lysine, manganese proteinate, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), iron proteinate, mixed tocopherols (preservative, form of vitamin E; citric acid, rosemary extract), d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source of vitamin E), copper proteinate, niacin, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, potassium chloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), vitamin A acetate, cobalt proteinate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, sodium selenite, biotin, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3).
- Mazuri® Primate Maintenance Biscuit is designed to be an essential part of a total primate feeding system and may be used in conjunction with all other Mazuri® primate products.
- Primates generally consume 2% to 4% of their body weight in food each day on a dry matter basis (i.e. a 50 kg animal will eat 1 to 2 kg of food per day, on a dry matter basis).
- Mazuri® Primate Maintenance Biscuit can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruit if this is desired to provide variety in the diet, as long as the dry matter of these items does not exceed 50% of the dry matter consumption. Using typical produce and browse, a feeding program on as “as fed” basis is would consist of 60% produce/browse and 40% Mazuri® primate products (i.e., a diet may be 6 lb. of produce/browse plus 4 lb. of one or a mix of Mazuri® primate products).
- The amount of diet the animal requires will vary according to its age, size, life stage, health status and activity of the animal and the environmental temperature.
- Adjust daily feed intake based on the health status, body condition and nutrient level desired to meet the needs of your primates.
- Diet may be soaked to soften the biscuits for infants or animals that have difficulty chewing.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
- Primates require ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in their daily diet. Mazuri® Primate Diets contain a stabilized form of vitamin C that is stable under appropriate storage conditions for at least 1 year from the date of manufacturing printed on the bag.
Average Feed Weights available on the product sheet.
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Mazuri Primate Maintenance Biscuit is a complete diet formulated for a variety of primates. The diet is especially useful in feeding mature and overweight primates.
Product Form: Extruded biscuit size: 1" x 1 1/4" length
Product Size: 25 lb net weight paper sack
Please contact us with any questions you have about the products we offer. Also, be sure to follow Exotic on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest news and special product features.
Mazuri Primate Maintenance Biscuit 5MA2
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 0040996
- Availability: In Stock
- 40 or more $21.59