- Multiple animals derived proteins appropriate for carnivores.
- Highly palatable, extruded diet - Easy to digest.
- High density - Low stool volume.
- Moderate starch level - Less than 15% starch, more appropriate for carnivores.
- Contains fish oil and flaxseed - Provide multiple omega-3 fatty acid sources.
- Contains natural vitamin E and preserved with mixed tocopherols.
- Contains probiotics - To support GI tract health.
- Contains urine acidifiers.
- Dried yucca shindig era extract - Shown to reduce aerosol ammonia in animal facilities.*
Headon, D.R. and K.A. Dawson, 1990. Yucca extract controls atmospheric ammonia levels. Feedstuffs. 62:15-16.
Crude protein not less than 20.5%
Crude fat not less than 4.0%
Crude fiber not more than 12.0%
Moisture not more than 7.5%
Ash not more than 225 IU/kg
Vitamin E not less than 0.50%
Omega-3 Fatty Acids not less than 0.25%
Taurine not less than 38.0%
Poultry by-product meal,ground brown rice, dehulled soybean meal, porcine animal fat preserved with BHA, spray dried animal blood cells, poultry fat preserved with BHA, glutamic acid, dried beet pulp, soy protein concentrate, soybean oil, dried brewer’s yeast, phosphoric acid, , calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, fish meal, fish oil, salt, calcium propionate (a preservative), taurine, dl-methionine, choline chloride, pyridoxine hydrochloride, Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product dehydrated, preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), Lactobacillus casei fermentation product dehydrated, rosemary extract, thiamine mononitrate, Bifidobacterium thermophilum fermentation product dehydrated, vitamin A supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, Enterococcus faecium fermentation product dehydrated, dried yucca shidigera extract, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), biotin, citric acid, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), folic acid, zinc oxide, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, nicotinic acid, ferrous sulfate, calcium iodate, basic copper chloride, l-lysine, manganous oxide, ferrous carbonate, copper sulfate, zinc sulfate, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate.
- Feed management is dependent upon the feeding purpose or developmental stage.
- Young Growing Animals - Feed young animals free-choice. Allow animals to clean feeders every two to three days to ensure the presence of fresh feed. Growing ferrets will eat approximately 7% of body weight.
- Adult Animals (non-breeding) - Maintain adult animals in good body condition. Adults will generally consume 3-4% of body weight per day.
- Breeder Animals - Breeder animals (male and female) should be maintained in good/lean condition. During the pre-breeding period, care must be taken to ensure the animals are not depositing excessive amounts of fat. Some feed restriction may be necessary. Adults will eat approximately 5.5 to 6% of body weight (1.5 to 2.5 ounces/day depending on size/weight).
- Gestation/Lactation - During the last third of the gestation period females will increase feed consumption. Care is necessary to prevent animals from becoming fat. Some feed restriction may be necessary. At the whelping time, caked udders may occur. This condition can be reduced by limiting females feedings. After the litter is one week old, the feed can be offered free-choice.
- Keep fresh, clean water available at all times.
Mazuri Ferret Diet offers proper ferret nutrition in an extruded form for all life stages of ferrets. This highly palatable, nutrient-dense dry ferret food contains multiple animal derived proteins appropriate for carnivores. Mazuri ferret food contains high quality ingredients for high digestibility. No ferret supplements are required with this ferret food.
Product Size: 25 lb net weight paper sack
Please contact us with any questions you have about the products we offer. Also, be sure to follow Exotic on Facebook to stay up-to-date on the latest news and special product features.
Mazuri Ferret Diet 5M08
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 1473
- Formula Number: 5M08
- Availability: In Stock
- 40 or more $43.19