- Designed to be complete and balanced for insectivores- No supplementation necessary.
- Highly fortified - May feed with fruits, greens, etc.
- Contains taurine - At levels that meet recommendations for carnivores.
- Contains high fiber - Helps simulate the chitin component of the insectivore's diet.
- Contains fish oil - Rich source of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains lecithin - Rich source of phospholipids.
- Highly palatable.
- Contains natural vitamin E.
Product Size: 1 kg per container.
|Crude protein not less than 30.0%|
Crude fat not less than 11.0%
Crude fiber not more than 16.0%
Chicken meal, ground soybean hulls, whole wheat, dried beet pulp, gelatin, rice flour, dehulled soybean meal, dried egg product, ground aspen, porcine animal fat preserved with BHA and citric acid, dicalcium phosphate, brewers dried yeast, poultry fat preserved with BHA, powdered cellulose, dried whey, shrimp meal, wheat germ, fish meal (menhaden), natural poultry flavor, lecithin, fish oil (menhaden), soybean oil, xanthan gum, dl-methionine, salt, taurine, choline chloride, lactose, tagetes (Aztec marigold) extract (color), preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), inositol, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (form of vitamin E), rosemary extract, riboflavin supplement, l-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized vitamin C), citric acid (a preservative), nicotinic acid, thiamine mononitrate, calcium carbonate, ferrous sulfate, calcium iodate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of vitamin K), copper sulfate, canthaxanthin (color), vitamin A acetate, folic acid, manganous oxide, zinc oxide, ferrous carbonate, zinc sulfate, sodium selenite, biotin, cobalt carbonate, vitamin B12 supplement, cholecalciferol (form of vitamin D3).
- Mazuri® Insectivore Gel Diet can be fed in combination with fruit, vegetables, browse or other food items. Care should be taken when using supplemental dietary ingredients to ensure that nutrient recommendations are assessed.
- Feed intake will vary based on age, body size and reproductive status.
- A targeted level would be 2.5%-3.0% powder per kg of animal by body weight per day (never feed dry powder without combining with water).
- Mix, by weight, 65% boiling (or at minimum 180°F) water to 35% Mazuri® Insectivore Gel Diet, or for a more firm product use less water.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon, fork or whisk for two minutes, then pour into a shallow pan and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until firm. Cut into pieces appropriately sized for the animals being fed.
Mazuri® Gel Diets have a 1 year shelf life in the dry powder form when stored in a dry environment. For best results, tightly affix lid on canister after removal of desired dosage or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. The mixed product should be stored under refrigeration for no longer than 7 days or frozen for up to a month. It is recommended that frozen batches be individually sealed in amount of usage, as repeated entry into the container exposes gel to oxygen. Once this product is mixed with water to form a gel, it should be handled like raw meat.
Mazuri Insectivore Gel Diet is an easy-to-prepare high-protein, high-fiber insectivore food that offers proper nutrition of for a wide range of insectivores. This Mazuri insectivore diet is shipped as a powder that is designed to be made into a gel prior to feeding. Although gut loaded insects may be part of the insectivore diet, no supplementation is needed when using this insectivore diet, which contains taurine at levels that meet the recommendations for carnivores. Best Fed To: Mazuri gel diets are highly palatable and have a long shelf life as the dry form. Mazuri Insectivore Gel is best for insectivorous reptiles such as Anoles, Basilisks, Bearded Dragons, Chameleons, Geckos and Water Dragons.
Product Weight: 1 kg
Mazuri Insectivore Gel Diet 5SV7
- Brand: Mazuri
- Product Code: 1813794
- Formula Number: 5SV7
- Availability: In Stock